Sometimes a dimension is linked with a fact table multiple times. Each of these is called a dimension role. Although the dimension is stored as one physical table, each of its roles is implemented as a separate view, ideally with unique column names. This enhances the usability of the schema when querying.
All data and information provided on this blog is for informational purposes only. Opinions expressed here are entirely my own and not of my employer.
- SAP Data Services (54)
- Map_Operation Transform (36)
- What is RDBMS? (32)
- Tip of the day - Pushdown_sql() (20)
- Lookups in SAP BODI/DS (20)
- SAP Data Services (26)
- What is RDBMS? (25)
- List of ETL Tools (15)
- Map_Operation Transform (13)
- SCD - Slowly Changing Dimensions (10)