Maximum possible chess moves is 10921506 possible position after 7 moves
The number of possibility chess moves after the white move’s is 20 (ie 4 knight moves and 16 moves of pawn).
There are around 400 chess moves after the 2 moves of both players, which is one move from white and the other move from black.
- 5,362 possible positions or 8,902 total positions after two ply moves each.
- 71,852 possible positions or 197,742 total positions after four moves.
- 809,896 possible positions or 4,897,256 total positions after 5 moves.
- 9,132,484 total positions after 6 moves.
- After 6 moves the possible positions stabilize as chess lines end, even from move 2 some chess lines end.
- There are -10,921,506 total possible positions after 7 moves.