Note on XML_Pipeline Transform: This deals with XML Sources and process large XML files into smaller pieces.
Options: No Options for this transform
- You can’t drag the main ROOT to Out schema.
- You cannot connect XML_Pipeline from any other source other than XML type.
- You can have one or more XML_Pipeline transforms in your design.
- Once you dragged any child level column to out schema, you cannot drag the entire parent schema to out schema.
Desgin Steps: My source contains nested schema, i want to unnest and load it into a table.
- Drag your XML source from Fileformats (Either XML Schema or DTD), now place XML_pipeline transform on to the workspace and connect it from source.
- Drag a template table to set as a TGT table.
- In my XML source, i have data like this
- Dbl. click on the XML_Pipeline transform, now drag the columns which you want.
- Here i dragged EMPNO, ENAME, SAL columns from parent schema and DEPTNO, DNAME,LOC from sub schema. Observe the out schema, it contains unnested data.
- Now check the TGT data.
Will post more examples later.